sveltegourmand.com: "In spite of all this, I’ve decided to go on a canned food strike*. As it turns out, almost all cans are lined with a substance containing Bisphenol A (BPA).
The more I read about BPA, the more concerned I am, not only for myself but also for my family. There’s strong research suggesting a link between this chemical and breast cancer. Other studies have shown that it’s an endocrine disruptor, meaning it can cause developmental, reproductive, neurological and immunological problems in fetuses, infants and adults (yikes!). Perhaps most convincingly, I’ve had several top cancer and reproductive medicine specialists tell me that they no longer allow their families to eat canned foods, and that they serve and store their meals in glass rather than plastic because they feel BPA is dangerous and they’re not willing to wait for the government to finally admit it. (The FDA recently began addressing the concerns that health experts and scientists have long held, and says that it’s taking steps to reduce human exposure to BPA–but has yet to actually require food manufacturers to change)."
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment